- PhD, Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin
- MS, Control Science and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- BS, Control Science and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Drafted and prosecuted over a wide range of scientific and engineering fields for Chinese and U.S. patent applications.
- Developed multiple acoustic and optical imaging systems.
- Broad engineering experience in image and signal processing, medical device prototyping, Monte Carlo simulation, system control, circuit design, 3D CAD design, etc.
- Published peer-reviewed papers on top ranking journals. Contributed to several book chapters. Presented work in numerous scientific conferences.
- Holds three U.S. patents in biomedical engineering.
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- B. Wang, A. B. Karpiouk, J. Amirian, S. H. Litovsky, R. Smalling, S. Emelianov, “Intravascular photoacoustic imaging of lipid in atherosclerotic plaques in the presence of luminal blood,” Optics Letters, 37(7), pp. 1244-1246 (2012)
- B. Wang, J. Su, A. Karpiouk, D. Yeager, S. Emelianov, “Intravascular Photoacoustic and Ultrasound Imaging: From Tissue Characterization to Molecular Imaging to Image-Guided Therapy,” in Atherosclerosis Disease Management, J. Suri, editor, Springler 2011.
- B. Wang, J. L. Su, A. B. Karpiouk, K. V. Sokolov, R. W. Smalling, and S. Y. Emelianov, "Intravascular Photoacoustic Imaging," Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, IEEE Journal of, 16(3), pp. 588-599, (2010). [Invited paper]
- B. Wang, E. Yantsen, T. Larson, A.B. Karpiouk, J.L. Su, K. Sokolov, S. Emelianov, “Plasmonic intravascular photoacoustic imaging for detection of macrophages in atherosclerotic plaques,” Nano Letters, 9 (6), pp 2212–2217 (2009) [Cover image]
- S. Sethuraman, B. Wang, R. Smalling and S. Emelianov, “Intravascular Photoacoustic Imaging of Atherosclerosis,” in Photoacoustic imaging and spectroscopy, L.V. Wang, editor, Taylor & Francis Group/CRC press 2008.