|Alleman Hall McCoy Russell & Tuttle LLP
806 SW Broadway, Ste. 600
Portland, OR 97205
Tel: (503) 459-4141
Fax: (503) 459-4142
Tel: (503) 459-4141
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, Magna Cum
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- M.S., Engineering, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio,
Summa Cum Laude and With Distinction
- Executive Note Editor, Michigan Telecommunications and Technology Law Review
- John D. Russell, Ph.D. currently represents clients in a variety of patent
and trademark matters, including patent portfolio management and strategy
development, patent procurement, patent appeals, licensing, and client
- Has over three years of invaluable in-house experience with intellectual
property matters including patent procurement, licensing and negotiations,
non-infringement and design-around client counseling, and foreign oppositions.
- Has drafted and prosecuted hundreds of patents in a broad range of technical
fields, including electronic feedback control systems, digital and analog
signal processing, electromechanical sensors and actuators, mechanical
design, engine and transmission systems, vehicle steering systems, hydraulic
control systems, computer software, and optics.
- John’s work at the firm has resulted in the firm being recognized as a 2013 Go-To Law Firm by its Fortune 500 clients for delivering exceptional work to in-house counsel in the area of intellectual property. To compile the list, American Lawyer Media polls the legal departments of Fortune 500 companies for their preferred primary outside counsel in key practice areas. The full list of honored firms is featured in the April 2013 editions of Corporate Counsel and The American Lawyer magazines.
- Conducted research and development at Ford Motor Company in the area of
engine, transmission, and emission control systems, and was awarded the
prestigious Henry Ford Technology Award, one of Ford’s highest technical
- Named inventor on more than 100 United States Patents to date.
- Author of numerous technical articles in journals and conferences proceedings.
- Research experience in the areas of renewable energy, clean technology,
emission controls, internal combustion engines, transmission and power transfer
devices, wind energy, hydraulics, and others.
- 40 Under 40 (2010) - Portland Business Journal
- Texnikoi Outstanding Alumni Award (2007) - The Ohio State University
- Admitted to practice in the State of Oregon.
- Registered to practice
before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Member of the
American Bar Association, the American Intellectual Property Law
Association, the Oregon Patent Law Association, and the Society of
Sample Post Grant Review Proceedings
- Prepared and filed Inter Partes Reexamination against a litigation-tested patent. The patent was disclaimed in full by the patentee.
Sample Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences (BPAI) Decisions